jeudi, mars 23, 2006

Great Balls of Fiyah....

Okay so JLL wasn't recording in 1935, but the cameras were.

My Netflix queue is chock full of movies that I should have seen by now. Many of them are, as you can probably guess, old movies. Well except for The Unbearable Lightness of Being. And Animal House. One movie that I always wanted to see was The Maltese Falcon. In the movie, our hero Sam Spade has an incredible lighter on his desk. One scene shows his secretary lighting a cigarette for him on the most amazing lighter I'd ever seen. I don't know how many times I backed up the DVD to see exactly what it was....

...it was a 1935 Ronson Touch Tip lighter. Class! I don't smoke but I will from time to time, and in the company of a true gentleman who also does, I like to light one for him and hand it over.

So off to Ebay I went. And I found this beauty. All cleaned, tuned, sharpened... hot damn ready to go. If you want real gadgets, you might as well buy them from the people who know how to bring them back to life. Unless you know what you're doing, you sure as hell ain't gonna.

So here she is, double click the pic to see it in action or replay....



(if either blogger or geocities are acting up - click here )


And I will leave the gent's ebay details and text email in the comments, so he doesn't get spammed. Mr. Adams, here's lookin' at you, kid!

1 Comments:

Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Here are Mr. Adams' contact details:

rpadams357
at hot mail

On ebay: thanks4dabid

9:55 AM, mars 24, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home