mercredi, avril 26, 2006

I Heard Something Really Stupid Today

Well, this isn't the only stupid thing I heard today. But it's darn near the top of the list.

I promised to never blog about work but technically this isn't you know, a dooceable offense. We have instant messenger (unfortunately - I would like to get some work done) and I had a conversation today that went a little somethin' like this - hit it:

Co-Worker: You know, you're close with the top brass. Can't you ask one of them to talk to the Chief about like, helping us with gas?

Me: Do you mean ask the Chief to pay for our gas?

Co-Worker: Yeah I mean it's like $350 a month and all. I would think they could kind of lend us a hand

Me: That's not going to happen


I repeated this convo in my head throughout the day and it took up a lot of valuable space that could have been utilized more efficiently and synergistically and organizationally streamlined... I digress... it was just plain stupid.

Worst of all, this woman persisted until I was reduced to explaining the many reasons why this would never happen, why it was stupid, and why hell no, I would NOT approach anyone about this. I would never even admit to anyone I work with that I even entertained 10 minutes of my life in this conversation. Why am I blogging about this????

?

5 Comments:

Blogger David Casper said...

Is this person required to drive for her job, or was she just looking for someone to reimburse her for her drive to work?

9:16 PM, avril 26, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Just to drive to work. She lives "far" from work and complains loudly that there are no men, nothing to do, and it's a long drive. Oh yes, it's that bad.

9:20 PM, avril 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

She's not a U.S. senator by any chance?

10:54 AM, avril 27, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

Did you suggest to her that maybe she should ride her bike into work instead? Oh wait... then she'd probably want work to reimburse her for power bars.

1:00 PM, avril 27, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Well Nick, we did pay for her bypass surgery, why not!

Elliot.... how annoying was it to hear that news!

Belle.... she even carpools with her Pa...

1:17 PM, avril 27, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home