jeudi, avril 06, 2006

These are a few of my favorite iTunes....

On the iPod. I got one in February for the first time and I just adore it. Kinda big though if you're trying to run. My MuVo was nice but didn't accept all formats. It's okay. I have 30 gigs of luuuuv now...

Some songs are arranged in a manner that give me goose bumps. Here are a few of such tunes:

Maybellene - The Genius... Chuck Berry. There is so much about this song that's out of this world. I actually don't have the words to describe it. So simple, so well-timed, so well played.

San Francisco - Scott McKenzie - I love the layering and progression in this song. Each time I listen to it I hear something new. And it makes me think of Steve McQueen for some reason....

For the Love of Ivy - Mamas and Papas - Only one of the many incredible harmonies they did. This is one of my favorites. The iTunes clip doesn't cover the best parts of the song though.

San Antonio Rose - Bob Wills. I love Bob Wills. Like Maybellene, this song is simple but the beauty is in it's simple musicianship - woven loosely and sounds tight. And Bob Wills in his day was a honey!

Orange Blossom Special - I just felt like putting this in. The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band has an all-star take on it with Vassar Clements on the fiddle. Johnny Cash did it at Folsom and the song about a train, sounded like a train. But.... Earl Scruggs will always be the best!

I could go on, but you know what... record companies do all the going on with excessive production. I'll keep it real :)