vendredi, avril 21, 2006

Using What For Money?

The Museum OWNED a piece of the rain forest? It wasn't possible for them to send their peeps just to visit, study, etc. on forest preserves? Did they think they could save part of the rainforest by snapping up some of the real estate??

As a kid my neighbor was an entymologist from the museum and he went to Costa Rica all the time, but I dont' think the museum owned the joint yet. He bought home some of the coolest stuff - Rhinoceros beetles, the biggest butterfiles and caterpillars I'd ever seen... it rocked!!!!

All that aside, I think Mark Belling made a great point with regard to Lynde Uihlien's objection to the museum's sale of the property: If it's so great, why don't you buy it? She did. And good for her, not everyone can own a piece of the rainforest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool capitalist, but sometimes I wonder if people should own ANY of the rainforest.

It would be be nice to know that you could trek deep into the rainforest and not stumble across a "no trespassing" sign.

7:35 PM, avril 21, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

That actually would be an interesting picture. When my neighbor talked about going there (I was very young) I pictured this place where it just rained and rained and rained and he couldn't get any of his studies done.

11:20 AM, avril 22, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home