lundi, mai 01, 2006

Drinking Conservatively

...is a bit of an oxymoron when you're celebrating, but a few of us managed to do so this here evening. Heck we even pulled in heavy artillery: prank calls to Elliot.

Yesiree a small gaggle of us got together this evening to celebrate Day Without Illegal Immigrants. Which you know, is not limited to any particular race or ethnicity. If you've been paying attention you'll note that it's all about whether or not one breaks the law to be a part of our wonderful experiment, these here United States.

So it was Aaron, A Significant Friend of Aaron's Who Shall Remain Nameless For Now, Casper, and myself (Jones). And you know if you're going to kick off an event or a week you might as well do it with Gusto on a Monday evening.

(For those of you who done all missed us, we warned you here and here). (So there).

We spent some amount of time talking about blogging and the issues we blog about. One in particular was the topic of the evening which was of course Today. We also ran amuck with discussions about future topics on The Podfather's podcasts (stay tuned, folks), Co-Blogger at Ask Me Later Ramon Fabulosa (who later stopped by for a prank call to Elliot), Casper's Digideroo playing, Aaron's adventures in Giving An Offer A Blogger Can't refuse, and you know, my insight into dating a local conservative of notoriety who shall remain nameless. Did I say that?

Did I mention we prank called Elliot?

Uhm. I mean Ramon did?

So, I am still feeling the affects of said evening.

And now for the Piece De La Resistance of the evening...the one and only thing we had as an output besides a bar tab......

Aaron offered up the idea of a blogger calendar. Now who would buy such a thing is yet to be determined and we might have to invest in stem cell research or cloning in order to have an audience...but how fun would it be to have Casper and Elliot squirrel it out for the coveted title of Mr. January? All I can see is either of them in a surprised, demure pose shyly covering their polka-dotted boxers from behind.

Come on. You can see it, too.

So on the way home in honor of such a happy and entertaining event, I listened to Zap Mama, Abdullah Ibrahim, and of course, Ladysmith Black Mambazo....in outer space!!!

It ain't the digideroo, but still joyous :)

____________________________________________

POST DRINKING SCRIPT: Thanks Casper, Sorry Casper. Aaron your stats should now be through the roof.

FULLY SOBER POST DRINKING SCRIPT: Yeah, the first 30 second of the call were prank, the rest was a how-do-you-do.... but I mean, it was kinda pranky!

FULLY SOBER POST POST DRINKING SCRIPT: Casper, I take that all back. You didn't call me on my brutal mispelling of "didgeridoo".

###

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

Trust me, you want Casper. ;)

11:32 PM, mai 01, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

You mean those were invitations? Well darn.

6:50 AM, mai 02, 2006  
Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

Yes, I would like to know if Ramon was wearing that green sling swimming suit thing at this event.
If he was I am very upset that I missed it.

8:53 AM, mai 02, 2006  
Blogger David Casper said...

Ramon was giggling about the call the whole way home. When I dropped him off at his place, he pulled off his breakaway pants and revealed he was wearing his "swimsuit."

Apparently, the sound of Elliot's voice has that effect on some people.

10:02 PM, mai 02, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Casper I am hella impressed that Ramon pulled a Brit Spears.

4:26 PM, mai 03, 2006  
Blogger Billiam said...

Sorry I missed it. Would have like to prank call Elliot. Darn!

5:00 PM, mai 03, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home