jeudi, mai 04, 2006

The Goddess Has Returned!

And she has been appeased!

To the tune of about $75...

I traveled far on foot over the hills of Brookfield with the Goddess on my trusty Swedish mule's back in search of the man they called the Guy Who Knows His Old Singers. When I arrived the three ladies who shared a monacle drummed their fingers together and taunted the Goddess and didn't believe she was Who She Is. They doubted her prowess.

After hearing how antiquated she is (uhm, yeah she's immortal - she's gear driven and not belt and pulley driven or subject to obsoletion via hardware upgrades!) ahem. After hearing how antiquated she is and how the new machines can do embroidery, I kindly asked:

"Could I please speak to the man who will be fixing my machine?"

The "yarrrrrr!(s)" ensued and they tossed the monacle between themselves in disgust but I got to see my man. The Guy Who Knows His Old Singers.

He was glowing at the mere sight of The Goddess in her pristine condition. Transfixed, if you will. The Goddess was appeased and it was a happy ending.

Now she is home where she belongs, ready to take on the challenges of the patterns of her time. Welcome home, dear.

7 Comments:

Blogger Billiam said...

Ummm, the feminista will be wroth with you! Admitting, nay, even flaunting that tool of subjugation, for all to see! Oh, the horror! ROTFLMAO

8:00 AM, mai 06, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

did this post dissapear for a while late last night I came here and it was gone. I thought the "Man" had censored you or something.

In honor of your love of retro things I am going to shoot a whole round of sporting clays with my model 10(1929) This Sunday. then I will try and get some pics of it for you :)

8:41 AM, mai 06, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

lol Billiam :)

That's what the feminista don't understand. I will proudly present and yes, flaunt said machine!

Sewing is an amazing left/right brained hobby. You can basically have whatever you want. From the idea, hunting the materials, proper calculation, assembly, all the artful details of a home made garment...and the of course it must fit. And fit better than anything you could buy. It's a true creative challenge

Lmao Chris. Censorshp? You're one blog too late :) I did pull this post for a short time because I thought I might be watering things down but I was advised not to ;) I'm glad for that. Now. I will be watching for said pigeons! AND the rifle!

9:44 AM, mai 06, 2006  
Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

Less typing more sewing Phel we have a deadline to make!

9:28 PM, mai 06, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

lol, thanks pooh. 1/2 of the hem ruffle is done tonight. What a long process (by hand). I may need to call in the heavy artillery for the zipper and waist stay. The purse won't be done though... unless I can find a simple black satin clutch.

11:03 PM, mai 06, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

You'd proably faint if you saw my mom's basement. Not only does she have a huge fabric collection, which I keep telling her will be garage saled for a nickel a yard when she dies, but she also has several old sewing machines... a Singer not to unlike yours, and some even older portables that are apparently kind of rare.

8:36 AM, mai 08, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

First of all... its really not vintage. And secondly... you seem to be missing the point. ;)

11:30 AM, mai 08, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home