lundi, mai 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day

Words cannot express the gratitude I feel towards everyone who has come before us and is with us now defending our freedoms despite wind, rain, snow, sand, heat, and worst of all, the media.

Some of you have given your lives. Some of you have dedicated your lives. Some of you have sacrificed your lives in the forms of long lived memories, the triumphant and the painful. Your families have stood by you and made the same sacrifices and greeted you with open arms - big and small - upon your return.

We as a nation cannot exist without you and your dedication and moral unity. I support you and thank you for all you have done. Right down to the walks I take in my neighborhood, the afternoon drives while barefoot, the purchases I can readily make when I need them, and my simple existence as a free woman, free of oppression and tyranny. Here to live my life as I choose within and according to the God given, moral and ethical code that this nation stands for.

I salute you.

Today please stop by my flickr album and see my photos and footage of the Blue Angels, taken at the former 440th last summer.


The angels firing up



The Pilots filing in




And.... my favorite, the Angels filing to the runway.