dimanche, mai 21, 2006

The Innocent Bystander

Chicks have a trick, which is to surround yourself with less attractive/less in shape women than yourself. You know the drill: it's to draw attention to one woman as the Most Attractive.

Now and then I wonder if Belling uses this method on his TV show. In particular, the use of Joel McNally. Every week the guy sounds completely unhinged and clueless and it gives Belling the opportunity to point out that the flip side of whatever issue he's talking about, is McNally.

I don't know about you all, but every time the camera pans to him I flinch. It's not necessarily his position and ideas, which I disagree with, it's the fact that he is always, ALWAYS, shtraight outta 1978. The hair, the brown suit, the orange stripey ties, and the 1982 Brewers ball club mustache. Talk about being stuck in time. He probably has Carter flashbacks on a daily basis.

I know I kinda do, but they're remedied by thoughts of Reagan.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

I give you credit for watching Belling's TV show. I can barely stand listening to him on the radio anymore. I stopped watching his show a few years ago

1:13 PM, mai 21, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

It was kind of a fluke. I like his radio show much better!

4:55 PM, mai 21, 2006  
Blogger Billiam said...

I can't stand listening to him. No way I could watch him. He loves himself WAY too much. That's why I stopped listening to him. At least Sykes and Wags will have a conversation with you. I defended him to the local paper up here for the "wetback" comment, but as for listening to his show? Not!

7:59 PM, mai 21, 2006  
Blogger Aaron said...

You know...

Sometimes I think Joel McNally may be on to something, then he tosses out a bumper sticker slogan and completely loses my interest.

If the Shepherd Express hangs on to him to promote the liberal point of view, they could choose a better spokesman. Oops, I meant "spokes-object." I seem to have forgotten my PC training.

Belling keeps him around for one of two reasons:

1) McNally makes liberals look wacky.

2) McNally's got some embarassing photos of Belling.

11:01 PM, mai 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Your theory about Belling/McNally is interesting. I think he does the same with Lee.

Both Lee and McNally are yappy moonbats which is why I stopped watching the show.

I can read that crap in the headlines every morning before I can get to the Sports page. The fact that I have not yet ingested coffee or nicotine before I see the front page makes it all the more painful. The fact that I have ingested coffee and nicotine by the time I watch "Belling & Co." does not make it (McNally, Lee) any less painful although Lee is at least articulate.

1:53 AM, mai 22, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

I have absolutely nothing to say abou the whole Belling thing... I've never listed to his show. I'm just shocked that you would admit to the "chick trick" of surrounding yourself with less attractive/less in shape women.

I figured there was some union rule against that or something.

8:37 AM, mai 22, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Let me clarify: The chick trick is not my tactic. I observed this in my early twenties when I would hang out with large groups of people. If you hang around in certain parts of the region, there are specific female personalities that will admit to doing this. When I was a big girl, chicks did this to me all the time.

8:47 AM, mai 22, 2006  
Blogger mavprops said...

its the hottie/nottie syndrome

3:42 PM, mai 23, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home