lundi, mai 29, 2006

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!

Courtesy of The Burninator!

In case you all have forgotten, the sky is falling. Literally. But first don't forget the glaciers are falling. This can only be remedied by our banding together and smoking shitloads of nature and exhaling it into the atmosphere - enough to soothe the distress of the ice shelves which are really, really pissed off at us dude.

Today the BBC had this report on Al Gore's recent remarks at the Hay Festival. You know, stuff like this:
"He said the only way to bring about the change was 'a sea change in the public's understanding and opinion'".

Which immediately gave me flashbacks to this afternoon as I was walking in to Alterra at the lakefront. I couple of unwashed and uncombed asked me if I had a minute for the environment. (Note: They used to ask if you had a minute for Greenpeace, now it's for the environment, on which they have a representation monopoly. We need hearings). So they asked me if I had a minute for the environment. I shook my head no, and had one of those awkward moments where my inner child wanted to leap out and yell something and cause a scene. You know, something like "F no, I don't have a minute for Indoctrination".

So my point. Al's comment. Their comments. It's not about changing minds. It's all about owning minds. This one ain't for sale.

(Al and Trogdor the Burninator. Separated at Birth?)

10 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Yes... Trogdor the Burninator!

And how come nobody ever asks me if I have a minute for the environment? Maybe I just look like a guy who would laugh in their face.

Which I would... but if I'm never asked, I never get a chance to. Kind of disapointing.

8:24 AM, mai 30, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

burninating the countryside...burninating the peasants!

You don't see them because they don't allow that crap in Tosa. Although the Nutpost got a pass :) Wonder if it's one of those "quality of life" laws.

8:36 AM, mai 30, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

I agree you don't see it in Tosa... but I went to school, work, and spend a lot of time downtown. You'd think it would have eventually happened.

9:48 AM, mai 30, 2006  
Blogger Billiam said...

Hmmm, they weren't hanging around the last time I dropped by the Pasta Tree. Must've been too early. Way to restrain yourself, Phel!!

10:19 AM, mai 30, 2006  
Blogger J said...

Geez, Nick, be grateful.

I get asked nearly daily if I have a minute for WISPIRG, a student tree-hugger group.

No matter how many times I glare at them and try to convey my disdain for their efforts telepathically, they ask me every day.

I may have to take up smoking around them and blow a puff in their smarmy organic-covered directions to get my point across.

1:20 PM, mai 30, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Nick's equal access to environazis has been denied. Jenna, as a recipient of surplus tree hugger attention, I think there may be an opportunity for you to give back to the community and provide some benefit to Nick. You know, trickle down environmentalism and stuff.

1:57 PM, mai 30, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

I have all this pent up sarcasm that I need to release... and no environazis to use it on. Is there no simpathy Jenna?

7:12 PM, mai 30, 2006  
Blogger Josh Schroeder said...

Algooooooooooooooooore!
Algooooooooooooooooore!

Algore was a man! I mean, he was a dragon-man!
Uh, maybe he was just a dragon.
But he was still Algooooooooooooooooore!
Algooooooooooooooooore!

Burninating the internet,
Burninating the leftists.
Burninating all the voters,
and their sport-utility VEHICLES!
SPORT-UTILITY VEHICLES!

And the Algore comes in the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

12:47 AM, mai 31, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

Pepper Spray Jenna Pepper Spray they while there lying on ground clawing at their eyes you can kick them a few times lol.

Wisprig people are only good for one thing Human Sacrife ;)

7:50 PM, mai 31, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

I have the perfect solution. Nick can release his pent up anger by sacrificing an environazi. We've got a little fire around here :)

8:11 PM, mai 31, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home