samedi, juin 03, 2006

Eight Random Things!

In case you aren't aware, I have been very interested in astrology for a long time. What got me started on it was the concept of mercury retrograde. In about 1994, I made a decision to look at the activity of random three week time periods and compare them with mercury retrograde time periods (which last about three weeks) and look for any similarities.

Mercury retrograde is said to manifest itself in many ways including miscommunications, computers crashing, systems crashing or being slow, people being late, people missing events all together, and running into old friends.

So one of the blogs I read, Astrological Musings by Lynn Hayes, tagged me to participate in Eight Random Things About Me. Since I am a leo, that would technically be true... me me me. But since I am 0.04 Taurus rising and a cusp Leo and an amicable Libra moon... I'm not entirely a tight fit for the Leo profile.

And, Lynn hits on politics as well - and I read all sides of the spectrum as you all know (and most of you do, too). Lynn brings an astrological viewpoint to current events and politics, and is well worth the read. Especially if like, you know your aspects from a hole in the ground.

So without further ado - Eight Random Things about Me.

1. I once met Carl Sagan and Berke Breathed in the same evening. I lied to Carl Sagan and to this very day, I feel very bad about it.

2. I love Charo.

3. Chevy Bel Aires make me think of my Grandpa on my mom's side, who I called Bapa. He smoked Bel Aires.

4. One of my lifelong dreams is to sing the National Anthem at a baseball game. Not football, hockey, or basketball. It has to be America's Pasttime.

5. I make up a lot of words, and people laugh, but I am totally serious about them.

6. I joke about number two a lot. And passing gas. Mostly with girlfriends though, because girls are always constipated. That's why chicks complain about feeling fat all the time.

7. Sometimes I get things stuck in my head and laugh about them at inappropriate moments. And I make noises trying to hold the laugter in. Like those reverse snorts or elephant noises like Eddie Murphy did in Daddy Day Care. There's nothing wrong with me, honest.

8. When I unwrap a drinking straw or a plastic utensil, I have to tie the plastic sleeve into a knot.

Now you know :) I won't "tag" anyone, but feel free to participate and link back!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Hayes said...

Thanks for playing Phel! But I have to ask...what did you lie about to Carl Sagan?

6:14 AM, juin 04, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

This is such a bad story...I'm still embarassed in front of myself for it. I was about 24 at the time, and Sagan was speaking at a very large event that was supposed to include a book signing. Because of the size of the group and the timing, they cancelled the book signing. I weaseled my way up to stage left and soon after he was off stage, I approached him. You'd swear he was surrounded by the secret service. I had said to him that I drove up from Chicago (to where I live it's about 100 mi, give or take) to attend the book signing and at least wanted to say hello. Which I did, and I had a short conversation with him. He was a very amicable person and didn't have any "celeb-itis". :)

9:58 AM, juin 04, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Oh btw. The Lie was that I didn't drive up from Chicago, just up from Downtown Milwaukee :)

10:00 AM, juin 04, 2006  
Blogger Truly said...

This was fun!

I think maybe I'll try it at some point.

Fascinating stuff!

P.S. I'm feeling extra fat today...

3:27 PM, juin 05, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home