lundi, juin 26, 2006

The Time Has Come

For me to put my sewing skills to real use.

Yes, I do believe I have recieved my calling. To make a Russ Feingold sock puppet.

I'm going to have to meditate on this one for the rest of the inspiration. Maybe drop a little peyote, something, anything to try and connect with the insane uncoordinated four year-old energy that is Russ Feingold.

Previously, on The Confidentials, I posted a quote to Russ: Put a Sock In It. Making a Russock isn't the same as putting a sock IN, because the sock itself IS, but my point is made enough.

It won't be anywhere near as cute as the pets.com dog, or Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (see a pattern here?) but if there was ever a Smarmy Eddie Haskell Dog sock puppet...well...

What inspired this?

Stupid quote after stupid quote after stupid quote posted in this JsOnline article. I read this thinking, this can't possibly be real. In any reasonable format, or even 15 years ago, if you'd had any camera time or mic time or whatever public discourse time and said any of this crap, you'd be laughed off stage, told to sit down and shut the f up, or downright told what a dumbsh*t you are. My how times have changed.

Who could do the voice though? I'd get annoyed by merely attempting to sound like him. Why, it would be self-defilation!

5 Comments:

Blogger Josh Schroeder said...

I'm thinking that Russ shouldn't put a sock in it. Let him say his stupid things. He shouldn't hide his leftist "progressive" agenda. Let him say his dumb quotes and let the media continue to not ask him the tough questions. When he runs for prez, the American people will see who he really is.

1:08 AM, juin 27, 2006  
Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

I'll do Russ's voice! I will have to be really drunk and use a clothes line pin for that charming nasal tone but I think I can do it.

Drugs. On second thought I will need to be very drunk and very high to pull this one off. Method acting.

12:15 PM, juin 27, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

I dunno Phel... have you really thought this through? I mean really... do you want to be sticking your hand up Russ Feingold's ass... even if it is pretend?

2:56 PM, juin 27, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Nick, I have a feeling SOMEBODY has their hand up his ass, already!

"...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

4:35 PM, juin 27, 2006  
Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

Drunk and high I say.

6:58 PM, juin 27, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home