jeudi, juillet 13, 2006

Ahead of Its Time

On this date in 1936, it was:

114 F

In the Dells. And the global warming moonbats are squeaking about some 95 degree days???? Please.

I wish I had my camera the other day. I went to Spendicks on Oakland for lunch and ate in my car. On the way in I was hassled for a minute for the environment. I declined. So ten minutes later I am eating in my car, just watching these two nice activists. Nobody stopped for them. And people 1/2 block away could see that up the block awaited two women with clipboards and binders full of oily birds. It's not the green mile, but who wants to walk 1/2 block, minding their own business, and feel intimidated in that amount of time.

Especially, if nobody is interested.

Nobody.

At least nobody for 30 minutes. Out of a 5 hour shift that's probably pretty representative.

I found it funny that they mocked the responses behind the passers-by's backs. Until you know, they noticed someone was watching..

8 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

OH MY GOD! They're handing out leaflets! Tree killers! Murderers! Oh the horror! The horror!

*sob* *sob* *sob*

9:01 AM, juillet 14, 2006  
Blogger Billiam said...

So, what'd ya have for lunch? I'm more interested in that. Here's a kleenex, Nick...

4:13 PM, juillet 14, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

it was an artichoke crab salad :) better than watching those two any day!

Nick, I think you still have "got-a-minute-for-the-environment-envy". I could, you know, buy you an activist on your birthday or something. Help a brother out and all..

6:30 PM, juillet 14, 2006  
Blogger mavprops said...

it's 110 out here right now

6:40 PM, juillet 14, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm green with environmentalist envy.

6:46 PM, juillet 14, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

badump-bump

Ladies and gentlemen, the lovely and talented Nick Schweitzer!

11:52 PM, juillet 14, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

You've been a great audience... I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your wait staff.

10:31 AM, juillet 15, 2006  
Blogger Kate said...

In 1979, Dallas had 60 days of over 100 degree temperatures. I don't remember the "enviromentalists" wringing their hands and moaning back then. They might have been, but evidently they weren't taken seriously, since the media didn't have it plastered all over the place.

It was not a good time for the electricity to go out. Trust me, I know from experience. :)

9:29 AM, juillet 16, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home