mercredi, juillet 26, 2006

Long Ago, In a Hospital Far, Far Away....

Someone realized they made a mistake. A loud one at that...

A quiet child who would fall asleep whenever laid down was brought into the world. Her face never needed to be wiped, she was tiny, wide-eyed, and caused very, very little trouble.

...which she realized wasn't working. Since that day, the world has never been the same.

and since that day, thorns have been in sides, calls have not been returned, and millions of iced grande with-whip americanos have perished. But, many people had a sounding board, had lots of laughs, and recieved what little she had, including volumes of useless knowledge administered... opportunely...

And she hopes to have more to show for those 35 years. It's go time.

(27 July...1971)

11 Comments:

Blogger Josh Schroeder said...

I'm still calling BS. You don't look it.

10:56 PM, juillet 26, 2006  
Blogger David Casper said...

Happy Birthday!

Be sure to drink copious amounts of everything. It doesn't even have to be right.

12:06 AM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger Sean Hackbarth said...

Hope you had a great b-day!

12:58 AM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger mavprops said...

happy birthday sis. you need to go to leff's tonight and get your free tshirt.

6:16 AM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger steveegg said...

Happy birthday. I stopped counting or caring at 25, when my car insurance dropped in price :-)

6:22 AM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Thanks peeps :) I almost never mark the day, but I figured since it was a big one, I might as well get ahead of the curve!!

I mean... there are already gag gifts in my cube and all!

6:39 AM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

Sing along y'all
"It's your Birthday, Happy Birthday"

8:01 AM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

Subtract 10 and I'll buy into your age too. Happy Birthday ;)

8:37 AM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger Kate said...

For future reference, give your birthdays to someone else. :) That's what I'm going to start doing... next one goes to......

Anyway, HAPPY B-DAY! And my gift to you? I'm not going to sing.

5:01 PM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

What a great idea!!!!

Y'all, I am too pooped to party. I hope that we can whoop it up at drinking right.

Buzz, perhaps you can grab the hammer and shoo everyone away from the 'schlagen!

6:20 PM, juillet 27, 2006  
Blogger Aaron said...

I don't think Drinking Right is anywhere near the Hammerschlagen in August.

We'll have to bring our own.

Happy birthday, Phel.

Hey Steve, I stopped caring at 25, too. Then, I found out you need to be 30 to be a senator. :)

9:08 AM, juillet 28, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home