lundi, août 21, 2006

Fault

Over the past few days I've heard more than one comment about the steadily declining state of safety in Milwaukee. Patrick has a great post, and Dan Deibert touched on the subject last week when he said that Mike McCann('t) is responsible for this sharp decline with his lackadaisical approach. And we're about to see more years of the liberal tradeoff between PC and safety.

So I ask this question. If the sharp decline in safety and steady and sharp increase in crime can be connected to McCann's practices, can we hold him responsible? Can the citizens of the city file a class-action lawsuit against him?

It took a village to do something about Ament, didn't it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

I'm all for a lawsuit against McCann(t), where do I sign?

10:38 PM, août 21, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

He is an elected official... isn't he? So its not so much signing up for a lawsuit... as not signing... or filling in an arrow next to his name.

8:44 AM, août 22, 2006  
Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

Phenominal question. I do not think that a class action suit would apply in his case.

This relates to Scott's question. I would say that if it were proven that McCann intentionally took measures to compromise our safety, he would face criminal charges.

Just a guess.

7:26 PM, août 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Scott - I double dog dare you to walk down 13th street going north from Lincoln Ave to National at 11pm at night and tell me how safe you feel.

That is a walk that I had taken 10-15 years ago with out a problem. Now I won't go down that street in my car at that time of night.

I also spent a summer on 31st and Vilet 25 years ago with no problem and on 27th and Wells with no problem. Now I won't even drive in those neighbor hoods after dark.

Scott - there is a reason that I have called you, Jay and Scott - See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil - you won't even admit that Milwaukee has more crime today than it did 20 years ago. And that is just plain sad. But go ahead and keep blaming Bush. Who are you going to blame and hate in 2009??

8:44 AM, août 25, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home