dimanche, août 13, 2006

Homer MAD!!!!

For various reasons, I found the recent spanking that the Homer gave Belling, amusing.

First and foremostly, nobody has ever really blasted Belling before. Sure, the usual suspects have defaulted to name calling and the like, but they do that with anyone who is a conservative leaning commentator. Or anyone who has a conservative following.

But when was the last time you heard anyone who knows and has worked with Belling, produce scathing commentary like this?

There isn't any doubt in my mind that it's at least 80% true.

When you've worked with someone and seen their response in different situations, you get a good idea of who that person is. It's one sided, but their intentions can't be hidden.

Although much of the blogosphere (men in particular) has no affection for Belling, I'll come to his defense on a few points:

Belling is a product and he needs to maintain the integrity of his product. If everyone at the station had a bobblehead, the "value" of the bobblehead and listenership would decline.

If everyone had a cruise, they would just "wait for the next one". No problem.

Agreement. Who cares. Does Paul Schaefer disagree on air with Letterman? Does Max Weinberg utter a peep to Conan O'Brien? Nope. Face it, disagreement is for the audience. And it's all about the audience. They aren't interested in Homer's "disagreeing" with Belling. They aren't.

Now, really. This whole Hatfields and McCoys attitude of Belling and Homer is petty. Belling has a serious problem with not being able to talk and talk and talk and whinges about not being able to take over the turf of "some nobody station with six listeners" just to satisfy himself. It's narcissistic and self-important. But it sure makes good radio. Do you want to listen to some mushball, or someone who is past confident?

Hey, I respect that. I could use a little of that extra confidence and get a few more things done at work. And make a little more scree. And win some races. And....

I've known the guy, yes. He's not perfect. He has more than one side. Don't you when you're trying to get something done? Don't you when you want to maintain the integrity of the service you offer, or the product you sell, or the expertise you bring?

And really, in the end, good for Homer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Belling is a putz. I have met him, and I have known this because I listen to his program everyday. But, the important thing here is that I still listen to him, not what I think about the guy.

11:41 AM, août 14, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

Wow... I find myself absolutely, positively... without an opinion.

Huh. I don't think that's ever happened before.

I don't listen to either one of them. Let 'em have their little cat fight.

6:11 PM, août 14, 2006  
Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

I smell slander. I agree with Nick, this is nothing more than a cat fight.

I'm on Belling's side.

10:53 PM, août 15, 2006  
Blogger realdebate said...

When you get ratings as big as Belling does, you earn certain power. People may not like it when powerful people exercise that power, but thems the breaks.

He controls his own marketing and Homer is just espousing sour grapes.

He's jealous.

If Homer had half the ratings Belling did, he would still be on a radio station people actually listen to.

Yes, Belling is an egotistical jerk, but he has earned the right to be so.

9:46 AM, août 18, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home