mercredi, août 23, 2006

A Very Gracious Invitation

I'd like to thank Joel Kleefisch for inviting a group of us to an event he held this evening. For a variety of reasons I think he will be very good for Waukesha county, and I wish him the best of luck in his race. Although I'm not a Waukesha county resident, I think it's really important to be interested in overall politics of the state. Why? Being the southeastern WI kind of lady that I am?

Their decisions affect me. The body politic and individual representation aren't mutually exclusive.

While I won't blog directly on who I met this evening or the conversations, I absorbed a lot of data about who I spoke with, what I overheard, what was said and how it was said, and of course, what wasn't said.

It was good to have the chance to voice my opinion to some of these folks with regard to what I think is the lack of a true fighting spirit among the conservative representation. This doesn't mean I think we should fight dirty, but I don't think we fight competitively. I think that while a lot of the constituency is affected and fully understands how the issues that affect them - and to a good extent some of the people who want to represent them get it - but the passion and frustration of the constituency does not appear to be reflected in their campaigns.

Worse than that, is Rino-ism. Hell that's worse than not getting called the next day. Voters put an extraordinary amount of emotional energy into races since the issues affect their way of lives and their pocketbooks and our culture. I hate feeling like my investment is getting dissed.

Many conservatives DO get it though. Scott Walker is an excellent example of someone who holds the line and walks the talk. And many truly won't stand for letting criminals off the hook. I just wish more of them lived in Milwaukee. Waukesha county, you have a lot of good options. Good for you.

And... I didn't let the night go by without saying that I'm concerned about Kohl being unchallenged, Doyle running for office, and the conditions that exist with that combination. Namely that if Kohl retires, Doyle could appoint any one of a horrible choice of representation in his place.

Yep. That should motivate you all to vote.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay Bullock said...

I keep my phone charged for just the moment when Herb retires and Jim calls me . . .

The solution to RINO-ism, you know, is Lamont-ism. But don't say that out loud, 'cause you risk offending the sensibilities of the conservative Cheddarsphere who love Lieberman like a brother.

And, because it makes me laugh, today's Word Verification is "tubmud."

12:42 PM, août 24, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

as for Mr Lieberman Jay, we all see it as better the Devil you know then the Moonbat Devil you dont know.

8:48 PM, août 24, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home