mardi, septembre 05, 2006

When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go....

Allow me to be the last person to say RIP Steve Irwin. I was surprised but not shocked, and I don't feel a lot of sadness. This was his life.

And many people who take risks have left us in ways we wouldn't expect. General Patton is a good example. I really believe that when the Lord calls you home, that from time to time, he has a sense of poignancy and humor.

The message of taking risks couldn't be more timely with my own life, where I have become comfortable and complacent in the predictable. I fear rejection, I fear failure, I fear consequence. Most of all I fear growing another year older watching and waiting for something to happen in my life.

Thanks for everything, Steve.

1 Comments:

Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

I feel sad for the family that he has left behind.

8:40 PM, septembre 05, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home