mardi, octobre 10, 2006

Jamie Would Not Be Proud

I'm not one to throw a stink at people who are politically incorrect, because I don't think political incorrectness is always intentional.

But get this. Tuesday morning I'm listening to the Early Spin, [note to producers and Dan and the like] like I do every morning. Their infobabe says the following, at about 7:34 a.m., regarding a boy who beat his mother to death with a pipe. I quote:

"after he spilled his CRAZY pills, he beat his mother to death with a pipe".

I might be one or two words off, but folks, that's generally what was said. And with stress on one word and not the others.

Now I've got a serious question here. Would you say someone's "stupid wheelchair" or "dumb seeing-eye dog" or "flipping cane"?

My guess is no. That wouldn't just be insensitive, it would actually be offensive and disrespectful. My next guess is you'd want to crack the ignorant person upside the head for being such an idiot.

The sighted wouldn't curse the blind. The able bodied wouldn't trip the handicapped. So how is making an ignorant statement about someone's medication different? I'm not talking about prozac for six weeks, I'm talking about people who were born requiring stabilization.


I listen to this show every morning. I'm not saying anything about WISN or Dan, Nicole, or even Keith. But they should think twice about who represents their voice of news.

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

I have had a problem with her for a while now. She has turned me off with comments made several times, they aren't funny, just... wrong.

I'm glad you have posted on it.

7:47 PM, octobre 10, 2006  
Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

That's what you get for listening to 1130 in the morning. I expect nothing more from any one in that group.

You'd be much happier with with Bill Bennet in the morning on 560 (Chicago).

4:40 PM, octobre 13, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

I think I am about done with the Early Spin. I tried to give this Robin a second chance but she gets worse and worse and worse. Now I have to turn down the radio when she's on and I end up not turning it back up. As in, I don't turn the program back on. Which is too bad.

7:05 PM, octobre 13, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home