mercredi, octobre 04, 2006

Yeouch

I woke up to such a clatter
I had to find out what was the matter.
In my snuggy pants and bastille shirt
Twas unprepared for future hurt.
And rushed down the stairs hands with key
barefooted and panicked
and woe was me

I opened the back door and stopped short of a pile
of freezing ass hail extending for miles
between the threshold and car that sat
in pain, in tears, for hail did bat
my trusty Saab, my pride and joy
Hang in there my sweet, I shall deploy

I ran to her side so unprepared
bare feet and all I did declare
hail hurts the tootsies as much as the head
4:55 a.m. and peeled from warm bed
but awake now with ice in my hair
Now to run from the garage to my warm dry lair

2 Comments:

Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

Well said now keep your booty back to bed.

6:41 AM, octobre 05, 2006  
Blogger Nick said...

Now that is damn funny.

It's strange how this reminds me of California when you said that you ran out of your house barefoot. To this day, even though I've lived in Wisconsin for > 15 years now, I still keep a bare of shoes open and ready to slip into by my bed.

That's what happens when you grow up in earthquake country and may have to run out of your house at a moments notice.

9:56 AM, octobre 05, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home