mercredi, novembre 22, 2006

Hot. Cha. Cha.

This was a wonderful week in the world of winning vintage sewing patterns on ebay.

As I had been jonesing a few weeks ago
, I found the Vogue 9558 pattern. I was hoping to find it in a 14 or 16, but no matter, I end up altering everything as most seamstreses do.

However. I could barely contain myself when I found that I was the winner. This is so incredibly me.

Here is a sampling of what the directions sheets look like for these old patterns. In the 30's and 40's it wasn't uncommon for patterns to be unmarked - instead they had little die-cut holes to mark gathers and darts. Believe it or not, it works a lot better than the modern patterns. The halloween pinup shirt was a pattern from 1941.

Then, I won this incredible gem. Every time I look at it, I think of the song Santa Catalina. Even though this is a 40's pattern :)


The next two months are going to be insanely busy though and it's going to be difficult for me to do much else than work. And um, blog. I hope I can keep my sew on. It's amazing what you can get done in a weekend, although for the experienced, creative, motivated seamstress, the drive to complete a certain piece can border on the psychotic. In a good way. In a driven way. And as you've seen, it's a labor of love that has worth like none other.

Libellés :

2 Comments:

Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

I just love those patterns!

7:59 AM, novembre 23, 2006  
Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

That looks like something we would wear now!

Merry Thanksgivoween!!

8:07 AM, novembre 23, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home