lundi, novembre 13, 2006

A Message to You, Rudy

I always think of the song anytime I hear his name.

Politics and recent elections aside, does anyone see Rudy as a realistic presidential contendor? In other words, could he do the job, and is he electable?

I for one, would love to see Rudy up against John McCain or Russ Feingold. What makes me wobbly is the memory of the Hillary run for senate. If you'll recall, there was major dirt brought up on Rudy, and one of his advisors (former police chief). That was all pre-September 11th. He suddenly came down with Prostate cancer and had to bow out for health reasons, for personal reasons, for whatever reasons. Things like that make me wonder what really goes on behind the scenes.

Because I think Rudy's health was perfectly fine.

Anyhow. As far as conservatives go, Rudy is a good one. He takes the gloves off, doesn't need to placate, understands the levers of politics (I mean, c'mon, he cleaned up New York)... I think that the conservative representation could use a hero. His balls aren't in his back pocket, which is a lot more than can be said for most "conservative" representation.

He knows how to fight. When was the last time you saw a conservative politician fight? Reagan. That's the last time you saw a plain-spoken, no apologies, no-nonsense conservative.

While Guiliani isn't Reagan - and fittingly nobody will ever be - he could be very good for us in these times. Provided he doesn't lose what makes him Rudy.

That's my message to you, Rudy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

See... and I always think of "Rudy Can't Fail" by The Clash. Which of course reminds me of a great movie... Grosse Point Blank which features that song on its sound track.

10:48 PM, novembre 13, 2006  
Blogger Michael said...

Rudy is for gun control.

That's gonna be a problem for lots of us.

7:33 AM, novembre 14, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Well that's no good for the red v. blue shootoff....

9:18 AM, novembre 14, 2006  
Blogger The Badgerland Conservative said...

Rudy is way too liberal on all issues except national security and terrorism for me.

In fact, that's the only difference between him and Shrillary.

1:01 AM, novembre 17, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home