mercredi, novembre 08, 2006

Wins That Made Me Happy....

I'm enormously relieved that JB Van Hollen won. It tempers the blow of the win of His Smugness, Diamond Jim.

At least there will be some law and order.

I am happy that we've defined marriage. I think it's ironic though, that the No Vote campaign tactics backfired on them in the end. In a battle of values, it's hard to cover up la Veritas. At any rate, my opinion is that marriage is sacred in the eyes of God and also sacred in the eyes of this: Ensuring that our already-out-of-balance system of worker benefits in this country, is not further jeopardized.

I voted against the death penalty. Although part of me would rather kill some of these perps myself, I still believe that Thou Shalt Not Kill. If God says it, it's so. And trust me, that's a very short sentence that hasn't morphed much through translation.

Time to wash the smoke out of my hair and get some Starbucks. There are some things to be happy about this morning, after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

I can't help but think that the No Vote failed in large part because the campaign was done so poorly.

For me he highlight of the election hands down was that JB Van Hollen won. That in itself made my day.

7:56 PM, novembre 08, 2006  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

really? for really real?

8:10 PM, novembre 08, 2006  
Blogger sliverthetomcat said...

*gulp* Ah I mean the highlight of the election was er...... hanging out with my best friend and ah..... watching the results at Papas.Yeagh that's right.

11:44 AM, novembre 09, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home