dimanche, décembre 10, 2006

Majesty of Life

Now that I'm past my twenties and early thirties, the things that life consists of and and their meaning become apparent to me...faster and faster.

Since I've turned, oh, 34, several situations have presented themselves to me and they've all been very instructive. Enough dots are there to put it together. It's as if God shows me qualities in life and in people and says, "this is how you look when you do this ____".

So with that, there's a lot to be said for the phrase "fake it 'till you make it".

I won't go into all of the details about why this is relevant, but it's something that's presented itself to me almost as a grand finale to some lifelong lessons. I wish it had happened sooner but perhaps I wouldn't have recognized it yet.

But I had no idea that hiding your light for lack of a better term, is one of the most irritating things you can do. Not only to yourself, but to others around you. There is nothing worse than being around someone who constantly exposes their weakness or insecurity. It's not humble, it's annoying. All it does is make everyone uncomfortable or second guessing a normal interaction. It calls attention to something that could have been reduced to a fleeting moment of normal self-check and in fact, feeds it. It causes others to start downplaying their own strength or light or normal self confidence. Did I mention it's annoying?

So therefore, I just wanted to say that I have taken another step in my understanding of why it's so important to not cover up who you are, not assume that you know what others think is true about you. If you do that, you'll take on a lie that you're spreading about yourself, and bring it into your being as truth and fact. I've witnessed this in a few situations in the past six months, and I have less and less patience now for people who do this.

All those words to say the very obvious: stay away from whiners and the whiner mentality. There's nothing you can do with an insecure whiner, and if you try, well, you'll just get annoyed.

And when you feel that insecurity, fake it. This is the one time when it's a-ok to fake it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

You spoke well! :) I think we all go through fazes through out our lives, but the insecure one is the very worst. Sometimes, wisdom does come with age. :)

8:12 PM, décembre 13, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home