mercredi, janvier 03, 2007

I'd Rather Have Lunch With the Libertines

Alright, I got up VERY early this morning. I can't explain it, the alarm just went off.

So I'm over at the Wiggy pub reading this gem:

Forgot to turn off the radio upstairs

Michael Savage is on after Jessica McBride on WTMJ AM.

Which is the appropriate reaction? Instead of listening to Savage one minute more, I would rather...
  1. have lunch with Libertarians.
  2. stand on my front porch reciting Sophocles and gouging my eyes out with my bare hands.
  3. read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged aloud.
  4. be stuck at a seminar seated at a table with Ann Coulter.
  5. be trapped in a movie theatre showing a Woody Allen marathon.
  6. listen to Bill Maher do an hour interview with Keith Olbermann.
  7. give up caffeine.
  8. get lessons on dating from Michael (Jackson) McGee Jr.
  9. be Mikel Holt trying to excuse away the latest behavior by Michael McGee Jr.
  10. be stuck in a room with Dave Berkmann, Joel McNally and Kathleen Dunn

I had this lapse where I could have sworn the first line read:"Have lunch with the Libertines"

Amazing. I think I would too. They're one of my favorite bands!

(oh, turn the volume down at the start - there's a cracked-out meth scream)

4 Comments:

Blogger still Unreal... said...

Uh..very nice.
You seem like the right person to ask this question. I've been looking all over the net (ok, fine..Limewire) for the original Iggy Pop/Stooges song "Punkrocker."
Would you be able to help?

9:56 AM, janvier 05, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Oh shucks, no. I am not much of an Iggy Pop person. Did you try iTunes?

10:00 AM, janvier 05, 2007  
Blogger still Unreal... said...

Sorry, boycotting any and all i-anything (mp3 player is NOT an "i-" for that reason).
No biggie, just thought you might have it.
Thanks!

4:53 PM, janvier 05, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

come to the dark side....

11:21 PM, janvier 05, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home