dimanche, janvier 21, 2007

If It Wasn't For Denny Doherty

We wouldn't have had many of the excellent songs we've enjoyed over the years from the Mamas and the Papas.

For example.... I Saw Her Again Last Night. Denny wrote it at the height of the affair he was having with Michelle Phillips. Yes, the same Michelle Phillips who was married to John Phillips. It's been said that John made them sing it over and over and over again.

They're one of my favorite bands especially from an artistic and arrangement standpoint. I've blogged on them a time or two before. Rest in peace Denny, and thanks for that little tiny jump on things during I Saw Her Again, it totally makes the song :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dad29 said...

Yes, it does.

Would you attribute that to pure talent/artistry? There's reason to think that it is so--after all, they didn't have to leave it in.

11:27 AM, janvier 22, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

I think sometimes the spirit moves you and it's a good thing that there is recordable media there to capture it....

although I can't say that's true for 99.9% of most things caught on film *nowadays*

12:50 PM, janvier 22, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home