lundi, mars 26, 2007

Discovering More WWII French Music

You all know I speak French, heck, I'm proudly Alsatian :) And I love WWII and pre-WWII French music. Jacqueline Francois, Lucienne Delyle, Mistinguett, Maurice Chevalier, I love the old songs.

I adore Lucienne Delyle, and today, I was introduced to Lucienne Boyer....

Parlez-Moi d'Amour


Un Amour Comme le Notre

C'est Toujours la meme Chanson

French music makes me think of my roots, peut-etre des autres vies, and of course, it makes me think of my Mom, who introduced me to the language through music.

Right now, through the magic that is my employment, I'm being offered further training in French. I think there is nothing easier for practicing your accent quite like imitating any of the above, especially the sassy, sexy Mistinguett.

Normally about this time of year I switch from French music to Spanish (Cuban, and other South American). I can sing both. But I'll linger just a little longer this year.


7 Comments:

Blogger still Unreal... said...

No "Mambo Italiano?"

1:56 PM, mars 28, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

ceci n'est pas francaise...

2:07 PM, mars 28, 2007  
Blogger still Unreal... said...

Neither is "Spanish (Cuban, and other South American", Phel.

Vous devriez apprendre que l'Italien… ils sont des voisins après tous.

2:15 PM, mars 28, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Cubans and most South Americans speak Spanish!

Je la comprendre bien sur, mais moi je prefere la francais, c'est plus portable que l'italien!

Mais si je rentrerai a milan a janvier, j'aurai besoin de l'apprendre

2:24 PM, mars 28, 2007  
Blogger still Unreal... said...

Indeed.
You might see my cousin before me!
(and i've been trying for 3 years!)

Sacre bleu! :)

2:50 PM, mars 28, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

ma porco dio!

Mais la question-cles sont suivante: si notre cousin est Lombardian, est-ce qu'il est libre???? Mignon? typique de la region (plus fins?) !!

3:29 PM, mars 28, 2007  
Blogger still Unreal... said...

Uh...actually i wanted to go see him, his wife and new kid.
But i'll let him know you'll be in the area. ;-P

(by the way, this getting to be the equivalent of "you're talking too fast for me!" lol)

4:31 PM, mars 28, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home