jeudi, avril 26, 2007

Transitional and Transformational

When you're ready for them, your life will suddenly be dotted with transitional and transformational people. I can only surmise that it's not a mistake, since whatever you seem to be open, receptive to, and most importantly in belief about your life, will surely be reflected in your life's content.

I'm going through that right now. There are changes that I have been ushering in for the past few months and to some extent I have had to try to put the brakes on it - not out of resistance - but out of wanting to be able to absorb and assimilate it. Or let it change me. That kind of surrender is in a word, difficult, especially to the control-freak-perfectionist-who's-seeking-variety. Of course it doesn't make sense, but then again, it's perfectly logical.

Today was another day that I met someone who had this effect. This is a person who I came to for a specific purpose related to a life change, and he knew that I was seeking change in and of itself. He was one of the fastest thinkers I might have ever met so far, and he wasn't wrong. It was intimidating as all hell, and completely well intended. This person knew that I was going in a direction that was lateral and not forward, and that I would be exasperated in a short time. He said the things that I knew but hadn't uttered yet even inside my own head. Why must some people be so correct. Then again, why shouldn't they. I have yet to say thank you to this person and I haven't been able to sit down and write the thank you yet because frankly, I'm still trying to figure out what just hit me.

Thank God for people like this. Course correctors, self-questioners who know when you're not doing a thorough enough job of questioning your own self. People who make you say "I knew that, I just didn't know it". They work fast, efficiently, and with the highest amount of impact. The modern version of the angel is akin to a stuffed animal, but the real ones, well, you might not know what hit you until after you've slept on it.

Libellés :

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those sorts of run-ins normally cost me $186/hr. Of course, insurance picks up 80% of that. :D

10:14 AM, avril 27, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home