mercredi, mai 30, 2007

The Real Cuba

Anyone who really knows me, knows about my affinity for Cuba. Until about a month ago, I had a Cuba "import" sticker on my car, which was my own "pink ribbon" for the Cuban people. There were many attempts on the life of this sticker, so it finally had to come off.

Fred brings us this awesome statement by Cuban filmmaker Luis Moro. In it, Moro goes after the unwashed but elite Michael Moore and his portrayal of the Cuban healthcare system. It's very, very clear that Moore's representation will make a real Cuban irate. If you were living under these conditions and saw your reality being exploited or misrepresented as somehow dignified, you'd be pretty pissed off, too.



Cuba libre, my friends, it's not too far away. And when it's time, you know who will be on her way for a visit :)