mercredi, juin 20, 2007

Great Shows in July

I heart seeing live music. Now that I've given up Starbucks I have a few more bucks to my name. I'm saving up for my fall road trip, but I think I have to see one or more of the following shows this summer:

7/22: Squirrel Nut Zippers at Shank Hall. I think they'd be incredible live. I don't own a single one of their CDs, but they're good. That should be a good time.

7/26: Chris Isaak at Potawatomi. The only thing that has me tentative on this one is the price tag. It's 60-70 bones to see Chris Isaak. I don't know how I can make that work. If he was $40 I'd consider it, and it breaks my heart and all, but that's probably more than I can afford. Trip or no trip. I emailed Chris about said price tag but I have this gnawing feeling that it won't get me very far.

Aug 23-25: Ryan Pelton and the Imperials. Ryan Pelton is an Elvis Impersonator and really, the resemblance and performance is uncanny. He was the "Elvis" who performed with Celine Dion on American Idol. This will be a fun night. As tempted as I would be to wear the Elvis suit I made a few years back, I will fully restrain my inner dork. Just this time though.

7/16: The Response at Tanner Paul. They have a great song called "I'm Lloyd Dobler". I might be a little old to like The Response, but I kind of have a thing for younger guys. Don't tell anyone, k?

What shows are you off to this summer?

Libellés :

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcus Aurelius said...

I had 2 tix for the Lion King, but stupid ole me completely forgot the date we had them for and conflated our show date with our anniversary, other than that nothing is lined up especially with the Poor House project the wife and I have.

10:16 AM, juin 22, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home