dimanche, juillet 01, 2007

I Slept Like CRAP

And I really needed some good solid sleep. But I forgot that even the most stealth of earplugs are no match for fireworks. Not the pretty Park kind, but the ignorant setting them off in the street kind. And their ignorant igniters, who in all their stupidity, seem to understand the exact drift-off interval of a person who is trying to fall asleep. Because every time I started to drift of, those sob's would light that sht off again.

My civil neighbors are accustomed to those very special occasions where I open my front porch door, step out, open my mouth, and loud menacing noises coming out of me, usually within the formation of "if you don't stop your dog from barking, I'm going to call the police".

But the back porch after 11:15 p.m. would have been a little out of place.

If I had a catapult and a cow, I might have tried that, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh Schroeder said...

Phel, you need a Sleepnumber bed!

12:17 PM, juillet 01, 2007  
Blogger Pete Fanning said...

I never sleep without a fan, even in winter....sounds weird..but I have an excuse...I have such a bad case of ringing of the ears if I don't use one I'll NEVER sleep....

White noise...yeah...that's the ticket...

2:01 PM, juillet 01, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

I use 32db earplugs every single dingle night. I think it's why I'm beginning to lose my hearing in my left ear. Sure have no problem hearing fireworks tho...

Josh - if you're buying - I'm takin! :) Hope all is well where you're at and we see you in town sometime

2:54 PM, juillet 01, 2007  
Blogger Josh Schroeder said...

Get your own! Mine cost more than enough! Thank God for financing ;-)

6:05 PM, juillet 03, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home