mardi, juillet 03, 2007

YouTube Break

Did anyone out there know that Steve Martin can play banjo? Much less in bluegrass style?

Here he is with Earl Scruggs. If you're not familiar with Earl Scruggs, he and Lester Flatt were big time bluegrass starting in the 50's. They wrote and performed the infamous theme for the Beverly Hillbillies.

Jones Fact: Lester Flatt is the first celebrity I ever met. After Santa Claus, and stuff. I was 6.




For the record, my all time favorite bluegrass album is "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" which was a studio effort hosted by the Nitty Gritty Dirt band, and featured performances with Maybelle Carter, Vassar Clements, Doc Watson, Roy Acuff, Merle Travis, it's legendary and I highly recommend it.

Libellés : ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete Fanning said...

Oh yeah....Steveo REGULARLY treated his fans to his banjo talents during his stand-up comedy shows....you can sometimes hear it on some of his albums...

Which I JUST remember I threw away when I moved !!!!!!

Now I gotta find the CD versions :(

8:39 PM, juillet 03, 2007  
Blogger The Asian Badger said...

Many years ago, Martin was in Milwaukee doing his stand up act and surprised everyone with his talent on the banjo.

He can play.

10:51 PM, juillet 03, 2007  
Blogger Kate said...

I'd pit Mr. Ol' Broad against him on the banjo. :)

6:52 PM, juillet 05, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home