jeudi, août 23, 2007

Jenny Crain

I used to train for 5k races all the time. And when I did, it was often that Jenny Crain would go floating past me effortlessly. The woman was a graceful machine. It was like being passed by a gazelle.

She won quite a few of the races that I participated in. And if you've ever been in the presence of an elite athlete, you know what I mean when I say it's a little bit breathtaking.

Accidents are accidents. We all have had times where we just weren't looking or paying attention for a split second and it cost us. That's just part of being human. It's tragic that this happened to Jenny, I feel really bad for her and the whole story makes me very sad. It also makes me even further appreciate the preciousness, the magic and majesty of life itself. It's so incredibly grand and at the same time, very fragile. At any moment, it can be gone.

I hope that leading up to that moment, that she was having a really pleasant morning, doing what she has always loved to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Broke my heart when I saw that news a couple days ago... especially since I've run through that same intersection quite often myself.

But if her determination to recover from this is anywhere near her determination to win, then she will be fine.

3:19 PM, août 23, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home