jeudi, août 02, 2007

Story of My Life

The story of my life - for the most part so far - resides in this house


This is the room I called my own

This is where I was visited by an angel one time

...but it was much brighter than that.

Here is where I opened my Christmas presents.


Here is the living room where we had numerous holiday parties. Super Bowl games. A mouse or two. A good dog wrestle. A good fight over what to watch on TV.



This is the tent we used to camp out in the backyard countless times. It will enjoy a second life at my hands.



This is a swizzle stick from my great grandpa who worked on the Hiawatha



It was a great place with great times. Some hard times too. It was the place where I learned everything I know, and many things I had to unlearn. It was a gathering place for people, things, ideas, the usual and the unusual.

My old house has gone to a good home. The new owners are in their 30's. Two boys, a baby girl, hoping for one more boy.

Just like it was when my life started there.

They plan to stay for a long time, and I don't blame them.

Thanks, house.

Libellés :