lundi, septembre 03, 2007

I Heart The 12 Gauge

Note to self. Hunting in the summer isn't easy business. For one there are mosquitos, and for two, it's frickin hot.

So yes, today was hunting day... and I can't wait to go again but it will be after the bugs die off. I was very pensive about taking a shot when the bugs were as bad as they were. I'm sure that for most hunters this isn't a big deal, but like most people ...when my hand is on the trigger, that's some serious go time.

But I did get a shot in. It was real and it was spectacular. 12 gauge shotgun. I've shot handguns and rifles thus far but not a shotgun. A little different than I was expecting too...it went straight back instead of up or sideways. After I took the shot I'd say about 8 doves came flying out of the tree. My friend said, "that looked good".

Well good. Because I wouldn't expect someone to waste their effort if I was a pansy. That's just no fun. I really wanted to take another shot, too. Maybe next time :)

Libellés : ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome! Congrats on your coolness!!!!! :)

BTW... you said you took a shot... but did you get the kill, too?

6:15 PM, septembre 03, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

No I'm afraid I didn't get anything this time. Maybe during pheasant? I know for sure I'm going deer hunting this Nov. with my brother and nephew.

And thanks :)

6:17 PM, septembre 03, 2007  
Blogger AWY said...

You should give grouse a try, looks like a good year for them - my favorite form of bird hunting, as well :) Season starts 15 September (in zone A)

10:25 PM, septembre 03, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Do I need a stamp? (I have a small game license)

1:15 PM, septembre 04, 2007  
Blogger AWY said...

for the ruffed grouse, all you need is a your small game, so you're all good!

this is what you are looking for.

2:15 PM, septembre 04, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home