jeudi, septembre 20, 2007

Men In Trees

Abe Lincoln once said, "when I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad." Sometimes doing the right thing feels bad. And not only does it feel bad, it can feel downright scary and uncomfortable.
-tonight's episode of Men In Trees
Pressing those outer boundaries of your comfort zone is the most uncomfortable place that I can think of. I've resented the people who I feel have put me there and I've blamed them for how I felt. What I didn't know is they were putting me in a situation that would awaken the parts of me that they knew needed to change. I did too, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.

That small, cramped outer boundary is where the highest amount of expansion can happen. It doesn't feel like it at the time, and you can't help fighting walls that you think are closing in on you. But what a disappointment it is when you lash at it only to realize the walls aren't there. And then you realize what a relief it is.

And I just felt like sayin' it :)

Libellés :