lundi, septembre 10, 2007

No, Britney Wasn't Obese, But....

She still shouldn't parade that around onstage in a bikini. Let's face it. Bikinis are meant for a very specific portion of the population - they are not for everybody. And if anyone doesn't like that, that's too bad. I'm 118 pounds but I'm 36 and I've spent a good portion of my life overweight. Trust me, even thought I've lost the weight, that doesn't mean I should wear a bikini. And I respect that fact.

What was more revealing, for a lack of a better word, was the entire ambiance of the performance.

Britney, who has revealed just about everything in attempt to further her career, and trashed and disrespected herself in attempts to further her career, has laid down with dogs and come up with fleas.

It was very apparent in her performance that it was the last attempt to self-exploit when there was nothing left to take advantage of anymore. Even for her.

It wasn't that she bombed. It was that she bottomed out.

As I watched the replay this afternoon, one thing occurred to me. And I do what I can to keep this blog PG-13. But we have all had a naked dream at some point in our lives. In the dream, for most people, you're walking around naked and you're not quite sure how that happened, but it's happening. The first reaction in your dream is denial: to pretend that nothing is wrong, that everything is as it has always been. But you know that all of you and who you are is out there on parade. God says "guard your treasure" and he's not just talking about your goods. Who you are is important and must be treated by reverence. If not by you, then by who?

5 Comments:

Blogger Dad29 said...

....so it was FLEAS she was wearing?

Well. Enough fleas and you get lacy undies!

9:39 AM, septembre 11, 2007  
Blogger capper said...

Ms. Jones-

It is very kind of you to recognize that not all can compare to your beauty and grace. One can only hope that one would refer the young lady to you, so that she may use you as a role model. (and no, I'm not being sarcastic)

10:57 PM, septembre 11, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

You'll have to clarify capper, because from what you've written, I don't know what you're really trying to say.

11:59 PM, septembre 11, 2007  
Blogger capper said...

What I am saying is that you are showing much more class and dignity towards Ms. Spears than many of the other bloggers, who have taken a much more juvenile, superficial approach.

7:47 AM, septembre 12, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Ahhhh....didn't get it from that!

Well, I like to be specific about what laws of nature are being violated, if you will....

and thanks.

8:33 AM, septembre 12, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home