mercredi, septembre 12, 2007

Yes, All of the Above

Sally Tomato gives a review of Golden Age movie actors and their hottie-factor. I was of course glad to see said review. I agree with her on ...all of the above. My only additions would be:

Gene Kelly. Gene Kelly was the man. He could sing, act, do his own stunts, and he had a drive to work to perfection that was nearly incomparable. When I need some comforting, I put on the ipod earbuds and listen to his performance of "You were meant for me" from Singin' in the Rain. Sometimes a woman needs to retreat to the gentleman of the old school.

Rex Harrison. Especially in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. He was brilliant and in complete control of his persona. There is something to be said for a person who lives life with 100% of who they are, and this is what I see from Rex Harrison. Who is not attracted to someone who is strong, bold, and fully present.

3 Comments:

Blogger still Unreal... said...

Hmmm...."The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" one of my all time faves, actually.
Speaking of the-then-~27-year-old Gene Tierney, where are the top 5 Golden Age babes?

8:15 AM, septembre 12, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

You better get crackin' on that list sir!

8:31 AM, septembre 12, 2007  
Blogger Sally Tomato said...

Oh yessssss. Two great additions to the list. Especially Rex. He is a total hottie.

11:12 AM, septembre 28, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home