mardi, octobre 30, 2007

Still going to be a few days

If anyone knows of anyone who comes down with the stomach flu keep an eye on them. This one is bad.

Yesterday I needed IV fluids. Let me say this, when your lips are blue and your eyes are sunken, there's no way they can get a needle into you quickly enough. Even after that you don't feel "better" but you are more stable. I chose an urgent care clinic over St. Joe's hospital. I know that victims of violent crime will be higher priority than my situation. Still, it took a while to get them to process me, I just wasn't strong enough to fight. And it was hard to find a clinic that was in my ratcheted-down PPO. As I laid there under the blankets in the clinic I was enormously grateful for the care I got and that we have private healthcare. I tried to imagine different people from different life experiences going through something like this and what kind of care they would have gotten, if any. We are a fortunate bunch here in the US. And I am grateful for the care I can get here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Get better soon, Phel!!! :(

3:07 PM, octobre 30, 2007  
Blogger Wendy said...

Feel better soon! It sucks to feel crummy. I'm glad you were able to get some relief with the IV.

4:15 PM, octobre 30, 2007  
Blogger Nick said...

Hurry back to us.

4:41 PM, octobre 30, 2007  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Thanks everyone... it was sure a doozie... I appreciate your thinkin' about me!

9:45 PM, octobre 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey Phel, really miss you. Get well soon!

9:48 PM, octobre 31, 2007  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home