lundi, décembre 31, 2007

Out With The Old

A friend invited me to a party at her condo this evening. Good food, drinks, and company. But round about 11:15 I looked at her and said, "I think it's time for me to go".

As I stepped into the elevator I let out a huge sigh of relief. I started up the car and couldn't wait for it to feel warm, and to soon be home. What was wrong? Why wasn't I feeling like staying out? And then it hit me: I'm simply in a different place now, and there's not a thing wrong with the place I'm in.

So it's 11:45 and I've just walked in the door of my casa. Safe. Warm. Happy. I've just come off of a week of fasting, meditation, and prayer. Wednesday (and partly tomorrow) I will have to start working very very hard for many days in a row. At this point I'm not sure which I want more.

But as the new year dawns, I am sure of one thing: what I need to know next, will be made known to me.

That's the magic of this life. Happy new beginnings, unlimited possibilities, new challenges to learn from that are tailor made for all of us. If we rise to meet life, it will keep us ticking along on the third hand of time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil Gerbyshak said...

Phel - good for you for realizing where you are is the perfect place for you!

Happy 2008! Looking forward to connecting with you again in the future! If I can help you make it great, please just ask!

12:58 AM, janvier 01, 2008  
Blogger Silent E said...

Happy New Year Phel!!!!!

8:36 AM, janvier 01, 2008  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home