vendredi, mars 21, 2008

Adoramus Te Christe

Some of you are aware that I have returned to my Catholic roots - and to the roots of Catholicism. Since doing so, my life has improved by leaps and bounds. Rather than simple prayer, I have learned how to bind myself to God and this has moved me to know the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, at deeper levels. This could not happen without a special gift: the gift of knowing myself (and as the recovering center of the universe, believe me, I thought I did).

We know it all, you know.

A few months ago I began attending the Tridentine Latin mass. I'm sure it's not for everyone. But it is for me. The mass is sacred, reverent, and focused on God. Having always been spiritual but not enjoying the Catholicism I grew up with, I found it really difficult for years to say to myself, "I don't want to go to mass." Now I wouldn't miss it. Why would I miss the opportunity to connect, revere, commune, and be loved by God.

The standards are high. The accountability is higher. But there is nothing about me that is unworthy of being held accountable. In fact, it helps me think further about what I am doing and why. Does it please God? Does it make a mockery of the revered light that he put into my soul when he made me? Is it good enough? We are all good enough to have what is good enough. And that means saying yes when you mean yes, and no when you mean no.

This lent I intended to give up sweets and one other dairy vice. I failed. There are a lot of things I fail at. The trick is not to fail in vain and do the same thing over and over again without learning. Forgiveness is part of failure, and for this, I thank Jesus. I adore him and bless him.

So I was trying to find one version of the hymn "Adoramus Te Christe" to post this Good Friday evening. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but what I found, was pretty darned good. Have a listen. And if I don't post until then, Happy Easter.



By the way....here is the version I originally was looking for:

http://fisheaters.com/forumpix/adoramustechriste.html

Libellés :

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete Fanning said...

That was utterly beautiful...thanks for sharing that video....., and your faith....

9:33 PM, mars 21, 2008  
Blogger Dad29 said...

Yah, they're good, hey!

Happy Easter!

7:52 AM, mars 23, 2008  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home