mercredi, mars 26, 2008

How Ethanol, Global Warming, and Energy Prices are Affecting Me.

It's very simple. I can no longer afford to live in the wonderful duplex that I live in. It's all due to energy prices.

Therefore, unless I want to live paycheck to paycheck and not save or invest in my future, I have to move closer to work.

Ah yes, the liberal dream come true. Raise the cost of energy so much that people MUST downsize and walk or bike wherever it is they have to go.

In all honesty, I am rather excited about moving downtown. But I wish I had more choice in the matter. As it is right now, my energy costs exceed $400 a month. This is between heat, cooking gas, and gas for my small car. That's pretty excessive for a single woman who doesn't eat much and has few and basic needs.

The situation with energy costs and subsequently food prices will only escalate. Anyone who doesn't think that's the case isn't being honest with themselves.

And the local government cannot afford to fix the roads anytime soon. I'll be darned if I'm going to drag my car over these roads voluntarily. My car is my only solid investment besides my 401k. And $600 twice a year for suspension work isn't an option.

I can't imagine what it's like for someone who makes less than I do or supports a family. Don't tell me we should in any way shape or form subsidize them. That's not an answer. We need real energy solutions and the only energy that food should provide is to a human body - not an engine.


Libellés :

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I can't imagine what it's like for someone who makes less than I do or supports a family.

You've got my number. Call me when you need to hear a scary story.

10:48 PM, mars 26, 2008  
Blogger Dad29 said...

We're at about $600./month in fuel/energy costs, and chow is a very close second.

Fortunately for me, I don't commute to the office.

...and there's nothing wrong with a Franciscan lifestyle except sandals in winter in Milwaukee.

9:16 AM, mars 27, 2008  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

well, it has crossed my mind many times since I was oh, about 5...

9:34 PM, mars 30, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't complain too much, as my energy bill is set around $55 for my studio, but I'm glad I traded my truck in for a Focus last fall. Gas was killing me and now I drive to Oconomowoc from West Allis for work.

I figure I save at least two tanks of gas a month on my commute alone.

2:34 PM, avril 03, 2008  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home