jeudi, juin 26, 2008

Dispatches from the UHS

My new apartment is just close enough to street level that I can see life happening. During my first afternoon at the new place, I saw something that really brightened my spirits. People. They were out taking advantage of the afternoon, and they live here.

People were living. They were collecting at restaurants near my place, walking with each other, and some of them were headed to the lakefront for a run. In the early evening I saw the same thing - people enjoying life and enjoying the summer.

I like the people that live and frequent this area. I like their behavior. Milwaukee has been home for a long time and I have seen a lot of bad behavior, but I don't want to dwell on that, right now.

I just want to savor what I have arranged for myself.

Welcome home, Phel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You weren't watching these people through binoculars... were you?

10:02 AM, juin 27, 2008  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home