mercredi, juin 11, 2008

The Good Old Days

Some are too young to remember, or are too old in the head and resistant to learning from the past. But the Jimmuh Carter years were horrible. Thank God that the windfall tax was killed.

It's very hard for me to fathom that anyone thought it was a good idea. Before anyone piles on in the comments and assumes I don't know - I know why it's a bad idea. What I'm saying here is that it's so out there, so stupid, so ignorant, that I can't wrap my mind around the fact that it almost happened. We were this >> << close to getting massively screwed. And it was a matter of the position of a FEW people f'ing all of us. It's only a matter of time before it backfires on these sheltered, spoiled, one-for-you, ten-for-me lawmakers.

How I'd love to see us lay our common hands on their pampered skin and watch it boil.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Zeirke said...

Phel,
I agree with you 110%. I was there working in a gas station during those horrible, depressing Carter years. I also had a promising career in finance destroyed by that man's policies. But beyond that, the economic ignorance of our representatives in astounding. What total poltroons! How do they even begin to think that raising taxes on the oil companies will result in lower prices. Is 30 years ago really such a long time? Is everyone in Washington DC under the age of 30?

7:06 AM, juin 11, 2008  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home