jeudi, novembre 20, 2008

The Pride of Mr. Jones

This evening, the lovely Mr. Jones and I took a scenic drive to Cabela's. He picked out various items for me to try on, such as 12 gauges and 30 caliber rifles which I held up so that he could see how they might look on me. We agreed that like most of my shopping experiences, we would potentially have to request them in petite.

And, we drove the nice man at the grill to the full extent of ire, until we finally decided on venison brats for dinner.

But the main event was the purchase of my hunting license for this year. Oh yes, Ms. Jones is going hunting. Not with Mr. Jones yet.... I mean we've only been seeing each other a month. And we're planning to "wait" since we are both honorable people.

However...the pride in the expression on Mr. Jones' face as he watched me purchase my license is a moment I'll never forget. Nobody has ever looked at me that way in all of my life.

Now... I can't let him down. I better pull one out of the woods this year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dad29 said...

".30 caliber"???

You mean .308 (NATO standard) or .30-06 (ass-kicking US round)?

Inquiring minds want to know.

10:22 AM, novembre 21, 2008  
Blogger Jimi5150 said...

Hmm. There's a real naughty joke in this as well . . . I can't take it anymore!

So, just how will you consummate this relationship?

3:48 PM, novembre 21, 2008  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

They were both .30-06. Mah fayvuhrite!

Dirty joke. Yeah well in this one I guess there is. But, like I said, since we are both honorable people...

5:12 PM, novembre 21, 2008  
Blogger Jimi5150 said...

Gotta respect that.

3:50 PM, novembre 22, 2008  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home