samedi, décembre 06, 2008

Once Upon a Time


Mr. Jones kissed me while we were standing here. It was interrupted because PDA caused quite a stir at my high school. I never forgot that moment, and someday, we'll stand here again :)

Today I had a tour of Washington High School. It's been almost 20 years since the last time I was in the building. Without a doubt, I can tell you that it's still a special place. It will be better someday when they merge it back into one school. Right now WHS is split into three schools in one building.



I'm not all that keen on this approach. While there I could see that many of the facilities are not being used and it seems like a waste. The whole wood shop wasn't being used - thousands of dollars worth of very good equipment that hasn't been operated. Anything mechanical needs to be operated.

Personally, I think it needs to be one school again. We had such a strong identity as a high school. Washington was the shit.


I also had the opportunity to go into the lower gyms. The place was teeming with energy and activity. I felt like I was watching a movie. I could have stayed there all day long.

I couldn't be happier that I went to Washington. It was one of the better decisions I've ever made. Education wise...maybe not...but the life lessons and the way it formed me are irreplaceable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Ewww, you mean you WANTED to go back to your high school?

5:58 PM, décembre 06, 2008  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Absolutely. I won't say that every day was sunshine, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

10:45 PM, décembre 06, 2008  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home