vendredi, février 06, 2009

What Were The Early Impressions of Carter?

I was very young when Jimmy Carter took office. I do recall that times were a lot "nicer" at the start of the term, and that people seemed excited about him being in office. As his term progressed I remember life becoming much harder and less joyful. Those four years he was in office were very financially painful for my family, and were later rectified by Ronald Reagan's term.

But what I don't remember is whether people's impressions of him tanked as quickly as they are for Obama. Granted, we didn't have the same type of information available, life didn't move as quickly (which was nice, btw), and we didn't have alternative media outlets. And my graceful sense of analysis was not yet developed.

What do you recall about Carter's first 100 days? How do they compare with Obama's thus far? Please leave a comment.... Carter vs. Obama

Will revisit this throughout the first 100 days....

2 Comments:

Blogger Dad29 said...

I have deliberately blocked all memories of Peanut Farmer's regime.

9:50 AM, février 06, 2009  
Blogger Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

I was in the Navy at the time, but I seem to recall the MSM was quite enamoured with ol' Jimmy. It took some time, but they eventually turned on him. I'm not sure I see that happening here.

3:31 AM, février 08, 2009  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home