jeudi, mars 05, 2009

"F*ck You, Pay Me"

Sound familiar?

It's from Goodfellas. And like many things that once sounded absurd that are now the norm...

Think about the coming tsunami of fees, taxes, controls, and other usurpations of our freedoms. The other day I decided to NOT walk to work because why? Why peasant don't you want to walk to work? Well my flipping leg hurt ok? So I drove. Much to my dismay, parking rates downtown have been raised from $1.00 per hour to $1.50.

Economy bad? Your legs hurt? F*ck you, pay me.

I'm not even going to get into all of the cars I'm seeing confiscated or otherwise towed from the downtown area. The cars of the people who actually pay taxes yet still get ticketed to death.

This clip from Goodfellas is the new norm. As Pa always said, for the money, "at least the Mob will protect you".