dimanche, juin 21, 2009

Confirmation

Today, I recieved the sacrament of Confirmation in the old Catholic rite. We had candidates as young as 11 years old, and some that I would estimate in their mid-50s. We had 60 candidates, in all, from the surrounding states.

You may have seen the bumper sticker that reads: "I'd travel 500 miles for the Latin Mass".

Confirmation is a sacrament that I believe I put off for many years, and my reasons aren't very well articulated. There are times when I regret not being confirmed when I was younger. But I was ready now. Maybe at the heart of it, I wished that I had been ready, sooner.

Bishop Callahan was there to do the confirmations.

I'd like to thank my sponsor, and everyone who was there today in support, and those who could not make it yet still expressed their support. This was a big step in faith and everything was just right.

One of my girlfriends said afterward, "congratulations! you're a man today!".

Which is kind of true. I chose the Confirmation name of Michael. As in "Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle". I can use the help :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Congratulations, I know how much this means to you.

3:09 PM, juin 21, 2009  
Blogger Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Congratulations from both Deekaman and Deekawife 3.0. This is a huge deal.

8:28 PM, juin 21, 2009  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Thank you all three... I appreciate your kind words and support. This was without a doubt, the most important moment in my life.

9:32 PM, juin 21, 2009  
Blogger Dad29 said...

Congrats! My wife was also a 'late Confirmand,' and it's worth it...

9:25 AM, juin 22, 2009  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Thank you - I have to agree - I think it means so much, now. More difficult, too!

12:35 PM, juin 22, 2009  
Blogger Chris from Racine said...

Congratulations! I know this was very important to you.

4:36 PM, juin 22, 2009  
Blogger Kevin - "pax tecum" said...

Congrats...

8:06 AM, juin 23, 2009  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

Congratulations -- it will be very meaningful for you and your testimony to others ... you can honestly state your reasons for being confirmed other than "my parents wanted me to do it."

11:53 AM, juin 23, 2009  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home