dimanche, mars 30, 2008

Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs

It doesn't get a lot better than this....

Have I ever mentioned that I met Lester Flatt when I was about 5? I still remember it pretty clearly for a memory at that age. I remember being backstage at Alpine Valley and I was wearing one of my pinafore-style dresses. He leaned over to talk to me, and I don't remember everything he said but I do remember this: his presence felt very confident, gentlemanly, and southern. He was the personality and presence of a quintessential Bluegrass master. I remember his hat, I remember that he was wearing a suit just like he wore here in this video.

Without further adoing from Ms. Jones, here are Earl and Lester performing "Hey Hey Hey " and "Flint Hill Special". Just leave 'em on while you go about your blog reading, it's good stuff.

Libellés : , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Zeirke said...

Hey Phel! Ever listen to the Bluegrass Preservation Society podcast? You can grab it free on iTunes. The DJ is pretty hokey. But the music is all traditional bluegrass done by modern and olden days groups. Seems like every week the guy features Flatt and Scruggs.

7:51 AM, mars 30, 2008  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home